Saturday, August 7, 2010

Popping the proverbial cherry!

Goodbye blogging virginity and a great big hello to welcoming the WWW into my kitchen!

A big thanks has to go to the delectable Brazen, for all her help dragging me out of the 90's and getting this blog set up for me.  Without her, I wouldn't be here rambling right now, so when I get annoying, you really only have her to blame...

Why a kitchen blog?  Because thats how I release stress.  I like to bake.  I like to make 'nice' looking things, and, I've never been creative, ever, in my whole life.  I can't draw, I take terrible photos (my wonderful partner Dallas will supply those!) and I can't even manage a decent plait in my daughters hair. But, I enjoy baking sweets, slices, cakes, cookies and anything that you basically shouldn't have too much of in your diet.  I'm certainly not ever going to grace the television screens of Australia as a Masterchef contestant, I could give a fat rats about making a delicious family dinner that is wholesome and satisfying and nutritious.  I'm a mother, not a dietician.  I'll cook healthy, but, its nowhere near as enjoyable as having flecks of chocolate cake batter halfway up your kitchen splashback and most the way up your forearms. 

I'm also lazy.  Very lazy.  If a recipe is too hard, I won't make it.  No, hang on, thats subjective.  What I find hard might be a breeze for others and vice versa.  I use recipes I can make work, and I try to make sure they aren't expensive, and the ingredients are easy to locate in the shops.  I bake from scratch because I have four kids and it IS cheaper for us.  Its just lucky I also enjoy it!

At present I have about 3 dozen chocolate cupcakes cooling on the counter.  I am hoping to make a cupcake bouquet this weekend, something I have wanted to try to make for a very long time, and at present am crushing about 1.5kg of biscuits to make some chocolate 'balls'.  All because I have a filthy mind and want to take a photo with 'balls' strategically draped somewhere.

I need help...

3 comments:

  1. yay!!! so glad you are blogging!

    the cakes look fab, i just have no clue how to swirl my frosting, mine looks like a blob of donkey poo when i do it lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by, lol, this is pretty cool, can't believe it took me so long to convert to the dark side and become a blogger!

    As for donkey poo vs swirls, I can take some close up photos of my piping bag and nozzle I use, it does all the work for me, I just have to follow it around, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PMSL @ donkey poo icing!!!! I'm glad to have a frosting recipe that does that swirl now. Can't wait to try it :) Hope you have the chance to do some more of this awesome creating soon. And thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete