Todays adventure is courtesy of one of those ideas that popped into my head late one night and just wouldn't leave. I literally had to get up, get a pen and piece of paper and write down the ingredients I wanted to make some Jaffa cupcakes. If I didn't I knew I'd be having that 'what was it I wanted to make again' feeling for the next week. Along with the 'I'm sure we had an appointment somewhere, for something, this week', it leads to a general feeling of unease, so, I'm getting Jaffa Cupcakes out of my system.
That and the fact I've had two bags of Jaffa lollies in the pantry for over a week, they are on borrowed time and will soon be discovered so I'd better attack them first for my creations. I'm terrible at hide and seek, worse at hiding treats from my children!
Lets take a unit of buttercream frosting, and add about 1/2 - 1 teaspoon of Orange Essence (Coles and Woolworths/Safeway both sell this in the baking aisle) and some Red (I used Pillar Box Red, but any red will do) and Yellow food colouring, slightly more Red than Yellow.
Mix well until you get a nice shade of Orange that you're happy with.
Now, I was going to do something different here, but, my new piping nozzles still haven't arrived yet (yay for Ebay and tax refunds!) so I'm going to go all Homer Simpson with the Starwipe and pull out, yet again, the star nozzle and attack some chocolate cupcakes.
Jaffa ball on the top to finish them off, and you're done!
These could have turned out terrible and I'd still be happy though. Its Friday, and, I have a big weekend planned for my kitchen!!
mmmm...I assume its choc cake?
ReplyDeleteA really nice moist one Deb :)
ReplyDelete